Thursday, 15 June 2017

Parents and parenting

Namaskar,

Who are you?
Who am I?
Who named you Vinitha?
Who gave me my name?

You're here I'm here , we're reading this and I'm writing this and all of this is only possible because of our parents.

Many times I've thought children are such a pain and bringing them out to this world is as laborious process as nurturing and growing them up.Just imagine what would've happened if our parents also would've thought the same way.?


You had told me a long time ago to write a post on parents but I did not hear that till today when someone else had to tell me the same thing in a different manner and ofcourse some recent incidents laid a foundation for this.Before I start further,One last and Sincere Apology for not meeting your mom and no matter how much I tell things once happened cannot be changed.So Forgive my thoughts and hopefully me in the process.

Just imagine having one child and attending to it's needs day and night no matter what.It will disturb you during night times,shout at times when you least expect it to do.Slowly you start understanding and interpreting it's cries and happiness.When something makes the child happy,you show it again and again with the only hope of seeing that smile all from the beginning.Right from the day one till this moment if there is something that has never changed and will never change in future it is the care and concern our parents shower on us.Plant a seed and see a tree grow , the amount of satisfaction you get is immeasurable.If becoming a parent is something god-sent then nurturing a child must be sent from other galaxies.First and foremost,I am very grateful to my parents and your parents for being there along the way.I can tell you one thing,No one else in this world can match the love and affection that we get from our parents.Now,parents are one thing and parenting itself is another thing.How would you as a parent know that my child is good and honest and I've brought him/her up well as per my standards and society is ready to accept him/her with open hands?.Unfortunately there is no way to measure how much influence parent's have on their children and the extent to which environment plays a very vital role.While we are happy to inherit some of our characteristics from our parents,there are times when we wish somethings could've been left behind and this can be felt only if you are a parent.You see your child having similar tastes and behavior like you and feel very happy but what if your child makes the same mistake you did when you were a child.Some things never change,Do they?.How can any person love someone unconditionally all the time and without expecting anything in return?.

Did she eat well in the afternoon?
Did he sleep well today?
Today I am doing your favorite dish and it is going to make you feel a lot better.
You do not like this dish,Ok then No one else is going to have this dish from now on in our house.I will tell your father not to buy this vegetable from now on.
You like that dish very much,no problem even if there is nothing left for me.Take it.
Oh,that girl hurt you in college today.Do not worry,I will talk to teacher tomorrow.you were a brave girl today.Now come to mummy and sleep.
Come here and tell me what happened in school today.How was your day?

Imagine a tree with only two fruits with roots and branches spread deep into the earth.You take the fruits thinking both are from the same tree so they must taste the same and must have color and appearance.While in formation,though both were formed from the same seed they are never alike.Ask the one who has planted the seed he will tell which is his/her favorite.If there is a clear winner even in similar fruits,imagine how our parents must've felt on seeing our brother/sister.But they never ever make us feel that way.My mom used to tell my two children are like my two eyes how can you ask which is the one I prefer the most? There is no such thing in this world as a "Bad parent" in the same way there is no "impure raindrop".Understanding the similarities and differences between the two children to whom she had given birth without asking or letting the children know that is the most difficult job and all the parents deserve a nobel prize just for doing that till this very moment.Thinking about parenthood makes me nostalgic and motherhood is something that can never be explained fully unless experienced.I called my mom today and thanked her for bringing me into this world and my father for being there till this day.There is a reason the term "Family tree" came into existence.I'm sure the one who had formulated that had got the idea from the tree which has it's root and branches spread like our mother's affection and the leaves which nurture and protect the fruit from all external difficulties like rain and storm,just the way our father's do all the time and expect nothing from the fruit in return for all of these and one day go into the mud finally after spending entire lifetime in a very short span of time.We can never repay the debt we owe them and no parent expects that.All we can do is give them our love and affection and understand them in the same way they understood us when we ourselves didn't even know the reason why we were smiling/laughing...!!!!!

PS:- Give all the love to them and I'll call by 10 for some.


No comments:

Post a Comment